Book Promotion 101: Using Ticker Countdown Clocks to Announce Your Release

In my blog travels this morning, I happened to land on one of my favorite PUMPED UP blogs, Kathy Holmes' Women's Fiction with Attitude, and I found something that really made me sit up and take notice. Everyone's heard about those cute little ticker countdown clocks that you can put on your blog to announce anything you want to announce really, but I really liked the way Kathy used the ticker she found at CarribbeanMag.com. If you go to that link, you can see all kinds of tickers that you can put on your blog (even attach to your emails!) to announce upcoming trips and vacations. But, what Kathy did was look beyond this and came up with an idea to use this as a great promotional vehicle to announce her new book, Real Women Wear Red, that will be released on March 27th. And what really makes this so unique is that her main character will be going on this cruise which sets off the beginning of the book! How appropriate!

Tickers are not new, but I was really impressed with the way Kathy did it being as her book is all about a cruise that her characters embark on and the friendships and bonds they form with one another. Makes me start thinking of ways to use this to announce my upcoming books!

TAGS: , , , , , , ,

No comments

Powered by Blogger.