SPECIAL GUEST: Pamela S. Thibodeaux, Author of TEMPERED DREAMS

We're pleased to have a special guest today, Pamela S. Thibodeaux, author of Tempered Dreams (ComStar Media), on her fourth stop of her virtual book tour!

Not only is Pamela a fantastic romance author, but she is also a wife, mother, grandmother and licensed sales producer in the insurance industry, as well as Co-Founder/President & Treasurer of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as "inspirational with an edge!" and reviewed as "steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message."

You can visit her website at www.pamelathibodeaux.com or her blogs at www.writingup.com/pthib, www.romancereaders.com/wordpress/category/pamelas-ponderings/ and www.myspace.com/pamelasthibodeaux.

TWL: Welcome to The Writer's Life, Pamela! Can you tell us when your passion for writing began?

Pamela: I began writing over 25 years ago after reading one-too-many insipid little romances and thinking I could do better. A mite arrogant as it turns out, :-) but that's when my passion for writing began.

TWL: Can you tell us what your typical 'writing' day is like?

Pamela: Since I work full-time, there is no such thing as a ‘typical’ writing day for me. When I’m writing, I write as much as possible…mornings, evenings, and weekends. When I’m editing or proofing, those things take up my normal writing time. Then, there is promotion and marketing, blogs, interviews and article writing that must also be tended to. So I guess my typical writing day just depends on what needs to be done the most. :-)

TWL: Do you write full time?

Pamela: No, like many, I work full-time and write in my spare time.

TWL: Can you tell us a little bit about your book?

Pamela: Tempered Dreams tackles the tough and sadly, growing, problem of domestic violence. Katrina Simmons (the heroine) is a struggling battered wife when Dr Scott Hensley (the hero--introduced in Tempered Hearts) meets her. Instantly drawn to the little lady, he makes it his mission to save her from the abusive relationship and teach her the true meaning of love. But only God can save a wounded soul.

TWL: Who published your book and how has your experience with them been?

Pamela: Along with Tempered Hearts and Tempered Fire, Tempered Dreams is published by ComStar Media, LLC, a small, independent publishing company out of Salem, Or. Tempered Joy (book 4) is due out later this year or early 2008 and Tempered Truth will follow sometime in the not-too-distant future.So far, my experience with them has been pleasurable.

TWL: Can you tell us the inspiration behind your book?

Pamela: As I mentioned, Tempered Dreams deals openly and candidly with the issue of Domestic Violence.I believe that though one may not experience domestic violence or abuse, he or she knows someone who is a victim of this hideous problem. My prayer is that everyone who reads Tempered Dreams will get a realistic view of domestic violence and reaches out in some way to help and that they will experience a new appreciation for the blessings in their lives. It is also my prayer that all who read Tempered Dreams realizes the reality of the healing power of Grace, Mercy and Forgiveness through the Lord Jesus Christ and, if they don’t already know Him, they'll seek Jesus. If they do know Him, I pray they’ll pursue a closer walk with Him and receive healing for their hearts and restoration for their souls.

TWL: Can you tell us ways you are promoting your book? Have they been successful?

Pamela: I've promoted through book signings, speaking engagements, loops, blogs, interviews, contests, and numerous other means. Yes, for the most part the combined efforts of everything I've done has been successful. That said, I always hope to reach more readers with each passing day.

TWL: Do you have a mentor?

Pamela: No.

TWL: What future projects do you have in the works?

Pamela: Along with this 5-part 'Tempered' series, I have a single title novel, The Inheritance out with The Wild Rose Press, a Gift Book under consideration with Thomas Nelson and two other completed novels looking for a home. I also have a book of short stories in the works and several WIP's (works in progress).

TWL: Can you give aspiring authors words of advice towards getting published?

Pamela: Don't quit and NEVER give up! Writing is a gift and a talent, don't bury your talent or hide your gift.

TWL: What’s one thing about your life that you think is important, but nobody asks?

Pamela: Is God as real to you as you portray Him to be in the lives of your characters?The answer is a resounding "Yes!"Were it that I could take what I feel inside for the Lord Jesus Christ, bottle it up, let others drink of it, and therefore experience for themselves what I experience in my relationship with Him....alas the only way to do that is to reflect this in my own life as well as through the lives of my characters.My prayer is that I am successful in both.

TWL: Thank you for being with us today, Pamela, and good luck on that book tour! If our readers would like to visit Pamela's tour page to see where she'll be next, click here. If you would like to ask Pamela questions or leave a message for her, leave it in the comment box and she'll be more than happy to answer them for you!

You can purchase Pamela's book, Tempered Dreams at Amazon by clicking here.

Pamela's tour is brought to you by Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours.

TAGS: , , , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. This was SUCH a great interview. Faith can give you hope for lots of things, especially a new beginning. Fantastic stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jemieson and Thank You for hosting me at The Book Pedler!

    PamT

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.