AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Vicki M. Taylor, Author of TRUST IN THE WIND

We have special guest, Vicki M. Taylor, author of Trust in the Wind, here with us today at The Writer's Life!

Vicki is an award-winning author who writes dramatic fiction with strong, unforgettable women. You can visit her website at www.vickimtaylor.com or her blog at www.vickimtaylor.com/blogs. You can order her books from any brick and mortar store or find them online at Amazon.com, BN.com, or if you'd like to purchase an electronic copy, you can go to Fictionwise.com.

TWL: Welcome to The Writer's Life, Vicki! Can you tell us when your passion for writing began?

Vicki: I think I was born with the soul of a writer. Writing has been a part of my life for as along as I can remember. Writing and reading. My passions.

TWL: Can you tell us what your typical 'writing' day is like?

Vicki: I don't think I have a typical writing day. I try to write every day, at least something. Sometimes, that will be in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon. I like to have some of my household chores done before I write. It makes me feel less pressured to hurry and write so I can get them done.

TWL: Do you write full time?

Vicki: I don't work outside the home, if that's what you're asking. But, I do have quite a bit to do, inside the home. I take care of my husband, dog, and bird. They all take up their fair amount of my time. I probably write for a couple hours a day. The rest of the time is answering e-mail, keeping up with various forums, promotion, and maintaining websites.

TWL: Can you tell us a little bit about your book?

Vicki: My most recent book is Trust in the Wind. The blurb is as follows: When pregnant teen, Joanne, chooses single motherhood, she loses everything, including her family. Four years later, she's fiercely independent, trusts no one and is barely keeping her head above water. Roy is a Hillsborough County Sheriff, and a widower who lost his wife and child during a burglary gone terribly wrong. Six years later, he still refuses to love for fear of losing it again. Together, these two just might get a second chance to learn about trust and love. When you can't count on people, TRUST IN THE WIND.

TWL: Who published your book and how has your experience with them been?

Vicki: My publisher is Mundania Press, LLC. They can be found at http://www.mundania.com. They are an author friendly publisher who believes in quality in their books and their authors. They've been great. They help provide the author with as much promotion as they can, considering their size and staff. They'll work with authors, that's the best part.

TWL: Can you tell us the inspiration behind your book?

Vicki: Trust in the Wind was a dream I had. I woke one morning with a book synopsis in my head. I hurried to write it all down before I forgot any of it. I believe there are ideas for books all around us. We just have to listen and pay attention.

TWL: Can you tell us ways you are promoting your book? Have they been successful?

Vicki: The Internet has been by far the best place for promotion. When Trust in the Wind came out, it was a featured book at www.fictionwise.com. That was incredible publicity. I also join forums related to writing, promotion, and general topics like special interests I have. I use my websites and books in my signature and people follow them to my sites. I spend time with potential readers on author chats too. It helps to keep your name out there in front of people. Give workshops. People are interested in what you have to say. One of the things I've put most of my money in was my website and bookmarks. I'm not exactly sure what the return on investment is with the bookmarks but they're a great way to get in front of a lot of potential readers. Earthly Charms lists conferences that are looking for stuff for goodie bags. I send them bookmarks.

TWL: Do you have a mentor?

Vicki: Not exactly a mentor. But, I do belong to my local RWA chapter and I consider everyone there a success. They are so great about sharing information. They're an awesome motivator. I feel so energized and buzzed about writing after our meetings.

TWL: What future projects do you have in the works?

Vicki: I have finished a romantic/suspense that I've been sending to contests. It hasn't made the finals yet, but I'm getting outstanding feedback. I'm currently working on a women's fiction about a 39 year old mother of 5 who decides to adopt a pregnant fourteen year old and her baby. The results are tragic.

TWL: Can you give aspiring authors words of advice towards getting published?

Vicki: Never give up. Never sell yourself short. Read. Read. Read. Everything that is out there. Read your genre. Read outside your genre. Keep that butt in the chair and write. No one else is going to type "The End" except you.

TWL: What’s one thing about your life that you think is important, but nobody asks?

Vicki: How passionate I feel toward my pets, my dog, Jack, and my parrot, Bailey. They're part of my family. I love them so much. I've even created websites for them. My dog, especially, he's an extension of me. We can't be apart for very long or we both start suffering from melancholy. That's why I take him on vacation with me.

TWL: Thank you for coming, Vicki, and we wish you much success during the rest of your virtual book tour!

Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments

Powered by Blogger.