Young Adult Science Fiction Author Dwayne G. Anderson Visits The Writer's Life!

Our special guest author today is Dwayne G. Anderson, author of the young adult science fiction novel, PARTIALLY HUMAN!

Dwayne Gerald Anderson was born at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Humboldt, Saskatchewan on September 23rd, 1982. Raised in Naicam, he was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome at age 16, and as a result, found his life changed in a new direction. His experiences with being different and trying to make an impact on the world has given him the inspiration to communicate his deepest thoughts and concerns through written works.

Dwayne's first book "Alien Conflict" was published in 2002, dealing with the issue of world peace and that it can be realized. Inspired by the events of 9/11, Dwayne wrote this book to help others understand that there are ways to solve our conflicts without violence.

His second book, Hellfire Apocalypse, published in 2004, dealt with the issue of survival of the fittest, with an unlikely hero as protagonist, and how he saves his world from disaster.

His third book, Partially Human, deals with issues that are very real to many teens and young adults in society and being different. His experiences with Asperger Syndrome gave him the inspiration to write his most ambitious work so far.

Dwayne's official website where his works can be viewed or purchased is located at http://www.geocities.com/andersondwayne/dwaynegand.html.

Welcome to The Writer's Life, Dwayne! Can you tell us when your passion for writing began?

My earliest experience in creative writing was in an early grade in school where I was given a
special assignment that no one else was given. While everyone else was to write a creative story of their own, I was given a story with missing details that I filled in using my imagination. Who would have thought that this would determine my future path in life.

Can you tell us what your typical 'writing' day is like?

I use a word-processor called Roughdraft to write the first draft. This can take weeks or even months depending on the length. I write whatever I think of. Once it's done, I combine everything into a single manuscript on Microsoft Works. Then I spend some time editing and proofreading the work until it shines to my satisfaction.

Do you write full time?

No, writing is a hobby of mine, one that I see as fulfilling as a job I love to do.

Can you tell us a little bit about your book?

Partially Human is a story about the power of true friendship and love while dealing with issues
that everyday youths and adults face in society. Each of the major characters face at least one of their own issues and deals with them in their own way.

Who published your book and how has your experience with them been?

Infinity Publishing was my publisher this time around. My experience has been very satisfying for they have been with me every step of the way. The process was quick and simple, their contract was easy to understand, and allows me to keep all my rights.

Can you tell us the inspiration behind your book?

My experiences with Asperger Syndrome gave me the inspiration to write my most ambitious
work so far. All my life, I've been teased for being different from others. It got worse after I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome as my brother started cracking jokes about me, and my family wouldn't leave me alone and let me live my own life. Basically, I suffered persecution and
discrimination simply because of everyone's ignorance and prejudice, just like the main protagonist of this new book.

Can you tell us ways you are promoting your book? Have they been successful?

I've been interviewed by my local paper, advertising in newsletters, purchased copies of my book and sold them in dad's store, sent out a few copies for review, got the book listed on several sites, joined a book club, posted on forums, and even put up my own website. Some of these
have had varying results, though I'm still waiting for the results of others.

What future projects do you have in the works?

I have one book that is soon ready for publication, another one being edited and proofread, and four more after that. Two of my future works are sequels to "Alien Conflict" and "Hellfire Apocalypse", two romances, another general fiction, and a medieval fantasy which I think will be my finest work.

Can you give aspiring authors words of advice towards getting published?

Do your research. There are things to look for in choosing a publisher. Find one that is affordable, offers excellent service, book returns to stores if you want it stocked on store shelves, good royalties, non-exclusive contracts, and some aspects of distributation. But no matter which publisher you use, you are responsible for promoting your work.

What’s one thing about your life that you think is important, but nobody asks?

There are just so many to choose from, I can't decide.

Tags: the writer's life, book promotion, book publicity, author interviews, blogging authors, guest blog, guest bloggers, book blog, virtual book tour, online book promotion, Dwayne G. Anderson, young adult science fiction

No comments

Powered by Blogger.