Interview with Health Expert Oscar Naval, author of FULL BODY ORGASM

Oscar Naval’s path of awakening to the full body orgasm of life began during his engineering consulting career. He successfully consulted with high-tech computer clients from Apple Computer to Xilinx. Although he had career and financial success, he was over-weight, a workaholic and failed at a 10-year marriage. This was his wake-up call to discover what really is important in life.

He traveled the world from the land-lines in the British Isles to the Oracle at Delphi, from the red earth of Utah to the spiritual spots of Sedona, Arizona, and scuba diving the depths of oceans. He has worked remodeling vacations units, selling holiday activities, and as well as an Open Water PADI Scuba Diving Instructor in Hawaii. Over time and experiences, he grew to find more clarity, balance, and spirit.

Before moving to Australia, Oscar lived on the island of Maui and on the Big Island of Hawaii where he discovered the depth and richness of native Hawaiian spirituality. On the Kona coast on the island of Hawaii, he studied to be Hawaiian Lomilomi Massage therapist.

After arriving in Australia he found his spiritual family, close friendships, and a loving relationship. Oscar married his lovely wife Lisa in 2003 and their son, Mikey, was born in February 2005.

Oscar Naval holds a Diploma of Body-centred Psychotherapy from the Institute of Core Energetics, Australia. He is also a Hawaiian Lomi-lomi massage therapist.

You can visit him on the web at www.FBO-book.com.

Welcome to The Writer's Life, Oscar. Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

FULL BODY ORGASM is about feeling unrestrained joy and pleasure in every aspect of life.

The full body orgasm or “FBO” for short is life force energy. The FBO is continuous joy and pleasure that opens the doors of peak experiences in all aspects of life. In other words, to fully experience the energy of an FBO is to experience joy and pleasure in everything you do in life. This energy is a function of the free flowing, ever expanding life force. In Eastern philosophies it is call Prana, Qi, Chi, and the Hawaiians called it Mana. The energy of sexuality and the pure essence of life itself are the same. This book is for those who are looking to increase their understanding of this energy in their physical body, thinking mind, and free spirit.

I wrote the book because, as a Body-centered Psychotherapist, many people over the years have asked, “How do I create loving, joyous, and pleasurable peak experiences every day, in every way in my life?”

You know how most people are just getting through life? They're just surviving in their career, business, financial life, well-being, and their relationships. They are accepting a life of mediocrity and not having what I call the “Full Body Life Experience” or what I coined the “FBO Life” for short. A graphic term, but perhaps the best way to communicate to those “Doubting Thomases” how extraordinary it is possible to feel each and every day.

The orgasm - physically, mentally, and spiritually - is as natural as the Earth revolving around the sun. It is a birth rite to have unrestrained joy and pleasure in everything you do. For most people the orgasm may be analogous to a sneeze - a pelvic sneeze, if you will. There is a slight build up and then, “Ah-choo!” It’s over – and so goes their life too.

I have a vision that “if everyone swept their own doorstep we would live in a cleaner, brighter world”. In other words, clean up your own personal act and there will be an end to war, famine, and strife. Closer to home there would be an end to domestic violence, suicides, and more love in the family. I wrote the book so people could benefit from a complete, balanced, and joyous FBO Life.

How much input did you have into the design of your book cover?

I had quite a bit of input into the book cover. I knew the color and the feeling of joy and pleasure in everything in life needed to be felt.

Has it been a bumpy ride to becoming a published author or has it been pretty well smooth sailing?

It has been a bumpy ride. In writing a Personal Growth book I felt it is necessary to “walk your talk”. The challenges in writing this book are the challenges everyone faces when they begin to look deeper into their own psyche. The outer workings and mechanics of writing this constantly reflect the inner conflicts and turmoil churning inside me.

I became the therapist because I wanted answers in my own life. I grew up 3 blocks from San Francisco General Hospital with the sound of sirens every night. It was the turbulent sixties in San Francisco and the hospital was running a full business. The local corner store owner was nicknamed by the SF television media as “Yosemite Sam” because he would legally shoot would-be robbers on a regular basis. He was considered a local hero. Gunfire was not unusual in the Mission District.

My next door neighbor was a few years older than I and was well respected among the neighborhood kids because he seemed the most confident, calm, and cool kid who’d play street football with all of us. When I was about 10 years old, he shot himself. At about the same time my brother became good friends with someone ended up in San Quentin prison on Death Row.

Ambulance and police sirens, gunfire, a hero who shot people, good people who killed themselves and a murderer as a family friend - I figured all this was normal.

However, perhaps in spite of these beginnings, or perhaps because of them, my whole life has been a quest for true happiness and joy.

So, yes, it has been a bumpy ride becoming a published Personal Growth author because I had to take responsibility and face my own personal growth. “Doctor heal thy self.”

For this particular book, how long did it take from the time you signed the contract to its release?

I took about a year. I had several ideas as well as articles I’ve written over the years as a therapist.

Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he/is is? If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it’s necessary to have one?

No I don’t have an agent. I do feel it is necessary to have help. But again, in walking my talk, I need to grow personally and when the time is right the necessary person or persons will be attracted to the FBO Life philosophy I am promoting.

Do you plan subsequent books?

Yes I do. This book is the cornerstone to a “FBO Life” series for love, relationships, creative energies, and personal development in several aspects of life.

Are you a morning writer or a night writer?

Being a husband and father of a 3 year old son keeps me busy day and night. So I tend to write when I can but I notice I do best work early in the morning before my son wakes up.

If money was no object, what would be the first thing you would invest in to promote your book?

To promote my book - I would probably be investing in a team of people who have the same passion in my FBO Life vision of the world.

How important do you think self-promotion is and in what ways have you been promoting your book offline and online?

As I state in my book, some things you know, some things you know you don’t know, and some things you don’t know that you don’t know. I have to admit I have been very naïve. The more I learn about books and book promotion I realize that is self-promotion and book promotion is very, very important both on and off line.

Any final words of wisdom for those of us who would like to be published?

The only caveat to ‘Just Do It!’ is to do it with passion and fun.


Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments

Powered by Blogger.