Vivian Eisenecher’s new book holds key to richer and happier life

As anyone will tell you, all self-help books aren’t the same. There are hundreds of books that can tell you how to live a richer and happier life, but none stands out more than a book I recently read, Recovering Me, Discovering Joy: Uplifting Wisdom for Everyday Greatness by Vivian Eisenecher.

Vivian’s path in life was not easy, but she found the key to a richer and happier life and wants to share her story with you in the hopes it will help at least one person out there who has been hit with the sometimes fatal disease, alcoholism.

My family was hit by alcoholism every which way you turned. I grew up with alcoholism, although for some odd reason, I never succumbed to the disease, nor did I have any inclination to drink more than one drink or I was just as tipsy as someone who had half a six pack or more. Go figure.

But my mother did, my grandmother did, my aunts, uncles, you name it, fell into the wrath of alcoholism and it was an uphill battle for them. Some never made it out of it and still some died because of it.

That’s why it is so important to have a book out that will help those of us who are fighting those alcohol demons, whether they want to admit they need help or not.

In a recent interview, Vivian says, “Some alcoholics when diagnosed with alcoholism put the drink down and never go back to it. If alcohol is causing problems in their lives, they know they’re better off without it. There’s no underlying force driving them to drink again.

With others like me, alcohol serves such a profound purpose that we stubbornly hang on to it even when it’s destroying our lives. It was four very long, unnecessary years after being diagnosed with this insidious disease before I could convince myself to walk away it.”

What happens if one walks away with doing nothing and continues to let the disease consume them?

“Left untreated," she says, "not only does anxiety and depression affect ones quality of life but they can lead to substance abuse and other negative behaviors. Both indeed complicated my recovery and prolonging my active alcoholism.

“It took the successful treatment of not only alcoholism but also my chronic low-grade depression and my social phobia for me to recognize that these two lifelong disorders were ‘triggers’ for my alcoholism. They were the ugly underbelly of the beast. Substance abuse was a mere symptom of two underlying disorders that were not discernible to anyone, not even me. My groundbreaking book, Recovering Me, Discovering Joy gives an inside look at my experience, strength and hope. Above all else it chronicles how I finally conquered my alcoholism.”

Vivian Eisenecher is on tour with her latest book, Recovering Me, Discovering Joy: Uplifting Wisdom for Everyday Greatness (KTW Publishing). If you would like to schedule an interview with Vivian, contact Dorothy Thompson of Pump Up Your Book Promotion at thewriterslife@yahoo.com. You can visit the author’s website at www.recoveringme.com.

1 comment:

  1. Alcoholism causes so much pain. Is it worth it in the long run to drink? How many people can handle it without running into problems at some point?

    Morgan Mandel
    http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.