Interview with Children's Author Bernadine Feagins



Bernadine Feagins is a new author who is looking forward to many years of writing children’s books. She has always loved children and worked many years in early childhood development. During those times she witnessed the joy children felt, as she would demonstratively read books. In addition she is a very active mom who loves to nurture not only her children, but those of family and community. She is an avid reader to those she loves and has cared for. Which she notices reading to a child shows them love?

She developed storytelling skills through the numerous books she read to children. This gave her an inspiration to tell her own story. Hakim and Terrance Shadow Mystery is the result. Bernadine is available for interviews, book signings or public reading.

Welcome to The Writer's Life, Bernadine. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?

Answer: I am a mother of two beautiful children. I have worked in early childhood development for over ten years. I was inspired to write Hakim and Terrance Shadow Mystery for my son and nephew. Who love and are fascinated by dogs.

Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

Answer: Hakim and Terrance Shadow Mystery is a very unique story in that it involves an interracial friendship. The best friends are in search of Hakim's missing dog. They go on an adventure to find the dog and learn valuable lessons. The book depicts friendship, hope, devotion to a dog and the emotions of one young girl when she finds out that "finders" does not always mean "keepers." It is a delightful book and very well illustrated. I wrote this book to send a message to my son and nephew: anything is possible if you Work HARD, STUDY HARD AND NEVER GIVE UP!



What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?

Answer: I had no big challenges to face. I guess I was blessed in this area.

Do you have a press kit and what do you include in it? Does this press kit appear online and, if so, can you provide a link to where we can see it?

Answer: Yes I have a press kit it’s online and it includes my bio, links to buy my book. I would gladly provide you with a link at end of this interview.

Have you either spoken to groups of people about your book or appeared on radio or TV? What are your upcoming plans for doing so?

Answer: Yes, I have spoken to a group of people about my book. No I haven’t done any TV or radio appearances. My upcoming plans are to get my book advertised on radio.

Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he/is is? If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it’s necessary to have one?

Answer: No I don’t have an agent, I never had one. I don’t feel it is necessary to have one at this time.

Did you, your agent or publisher prepare a media blitz before the book came out and would you like to tell us about it?

Answer: No my publishing company didn’t prepare a media blitz, before the book came out but. Thank you for the idea.

Do you plan subsequent books?

Answer: Yes, please be on the look out for the subsequent next year.

Thank you for your interview, Bernadine. Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

Answer: Yes! They can go to my website to buy my book. With one click at http://www.mvpmedia1.com/feaginsworld or Amazon.com.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.