Interview with Lindon King, Author of "The Wounds Have Healed...The Scars Are Bleeding!"


About Lindon King

Lindon J. King was born in Jamaica and is a former student of Fair Prospect Primary and Fair Prospect Junior High schools. Lindon is a graduate of Prospect College and in 1992 he migrated to Toronto Canada where he did further studies at Ryerson University.

Lindon and his beautiful wife Lorna and their adorable kids Loralin, Lindon Jr. and Lornella reside in Toronto Canada. Lindon is a proud father of four and loves The Lord. They are of the Apostolic Faith and are active members of their local church.

Lindon is currently employed as a Financial Services Manager and is also pursuing further studies in the field of commercial aviation. He is working on his next book titled: What’s In Your Barn? This book is expected to be in bookstores in the fall of 2010.

The Interview



Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life, Lindon. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?

A: I was born in Portland Jamaica West Indies, and in 1992 I migrated to Canada. At present, I reside in Toronto with my beautiful wife Lorna and our adorable children. I enjoy being in the company of positive people and I am always looking for ways to assist others who are less fortunate.



Q: Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

A: the wounds have healed...the scars are bleeding! takes us back in time to the history of the Slave Trade in America and the West Indies, and then brings us back to the present, focusing our attention on the aftermath and the impact of slavery within our communities and around the world. A great deal of attention is focused on us coming together as a people to overcome the cycle of violence rather than tearing each other apart. I wrote this book because I have the confidence knowing that our lives can be better if we all work together to make that positive change. Our forefathers have paved the way and have left us with examples for us to follow and principles to live by. They did it, and so can we.


Q: What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?

A: Fortunately, I was not faced with any major challenges when writing this book, but there were a few set backs due to errors in the production stage. Things got back on track and I am very pleased with the finished work.


Q: Do you have a press kit and what do you include in it? Does this press kit appear online and, if so, can you provide a link to where we can see it?


A: No. I do not have a press kit at this time, but I have been working with my publicist from CHRY 105.5 FM, to put a kit together. I will be more than happy to provide you with information when the project is compete.



Q: Have you either spoken to groups of people about your book or appeared on radio or TV? What are your upcoming plans for doing so?

A: Yes, I have spoken to a group of teachers and their students during the production stages of the book. The Principal at the school my kids attend invited me to come and speak with the grade eight students. The students and the teachers in attendance participated and they were very pleased with the presentation. I also did three radio interviews with CHRY 105.5 and received positive feedbacks.



Q: Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he/is is? If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it’s necessary to have one?

A: No, I do not have an agent and have never had one. At this time I do not believe it is necessary to have one. I am trying to learn about the publishing industry and if an agent is required I will certainly do my research and call on one.


Q: Did you, your agent or publisher prepare a media blitz before the book came out and would you like to tell us about it?

A: No, we did not prepare a media blitz.


Q: Do you plan subsequent books?

A: Yes, I do plan subsequent books. I am in the final stages of writing my second book, titled; what’s in your barn?



Q: Thank you for your interview, LINDON. Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

A: My information, sales and promotions of my book can be found on google.com by entering my name, Lindon King or Lindon J. King. The book can be purchased online at amazon.com, borders.com, barnesandnobles.com, selfari.com and also from the publisher rosedogbooks.com.



Thank you for the interview and thanks for having me.

The Wounds Have Healed

The Wounds Have Healed...The Scars Are Bleeding by Lindon King (click to purchase at Amazon)

About The Wounds Have Healed…The Scars Are Bleeding

“The Wounds Have Healed…The Scars Are Bleeding”! is an insightful work of non-fiction from author Lindon J. King. This work is designed to provoke thought as well as educate the reader about the aftermath of slavery in America and the West Indies. Set out as a tribute to the forefathers who had been able to survive the brutal Middle Passage only to be sold as slaves in America and the West Indies. Slavery not only physically affected the lives of those who were captured but also mentally affected them for generations to come.

“The Wounds Have Healed…The Scars Are Bleeding!” is a compelling work that blends history with social commentary. Given its timely message, Lindon J. King’s work may appeal to a wide variety of readers. Have you struggled with weight, wellness, addictions, relationships or work? This spiritually based book is set up with the idea that when you begin reading it, it will lull you comfortably into motivation and creating changes “now”. Essentially, when you open the book you are on a journey and as you read you have opportunities to “drive” or apply these ideas into your life. The book is set up as a no-excuses approach; if you say you believe in scripture you can’t pick and choose when to apply scripture to your life; it’s immediate connection which also, helps take immediate action. You may be comfortably motivated but it may bring upheaval and some hard truth to swallow, so be prepared for no-excuses scripture to change your life.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.