Interview with Renee Wiggins, author of "Transformations: Give Up the Struggle"


Renee Wiggins has mentored, trained and coached and changed lives in the health and wellness industry for more than 20 years. Renee is a strong believer and encourager in living an authentic healthy lifestyle. Ms. Wiggins specilizes in designing customized lifestyle programs that are tailored to clients needs, goals, and habits. Renee ises a variety of presentations to educate,including workshops, lectures, grocery shopping tours, webinars and one-on-one consultations.

Renee can be reach at www.resultsbyrenee.com,email at renee@resultsbyrenee.com. Follow Renee on: http://www.twitter.com/giveupthestrugg and http://transformationsgiveupthestruggle.blogspot.com



Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life, (Renee). Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you've been writing?

A:I am a certified diabetes educator, registered dietitian and certified massage therapits and ministry leader. I like to read, crochet and I enjoy making things,(arts and crafts). In addition to working full-time, working my business-part-time and taking care of my mother, I find time to write. I started writing as young as 7 years of age, even though my English teachers gave me D in grammar, I continue to write. My first article was in the former newsmagazine, called Health Quest. I published my first book in 2006,title"Can I Exercise Sitting Down".

Q: Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

A:Transformations:Give Up The Struggle is a collection of affirmations that encourage, uplift and motivate men and especially women to change their negative thoughts so that they can live a more positive life.

I wrote the book in response to situation that I and others were going through and in recognition of the fact that many of our struggles were due to resistance to change. I want to let people know that just as a caterpillar grows wings and transform into a butterfly, we, too must also be open to a similar evolutionary process in our lives.

Q: What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?

A: I was challenge by a fear of not having enough material to fill my book. While I had a large number of affirmations, several were built around the same theme and I wanted a range of themes so that all my readers would be touched and encouraged by the book.

Q: Do you have a press kit and what do you include in it? Does this press kit appear online and, if so, can you provide a link to where we can see it?


A: No, I don't have a press kit yet, but I should have one soon.

Q: Have you either spoken to groups of people about your book or appeared on radio or TV? What are your upcoming plans for doing so?

A:Yes, I was a featured guest at my church and at a local women's group. I have been able to read from my book and also spoke on the subject of transforming our lives for the better. I am planning a blog radio tour and a few offline radio appearances for August.

Q: Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he/is is? If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it's necessary to have one?

A:While I do see the value in having an agent, I don't have one nor have I ever had one. It is something I would consider in the future.

Q: Did you, your agent or publisher prepare a media blitz before the book came out and would you like to tell us about it?

A:One month before the book was published, I did an email broadcast to friends, family, and professional associates. I also broadcast audios I'd recorded of two of the affirmations included in my book. This ignited some interest in my book as well as a few sales.

In addition, I partned with www.readerviews.com and www.Apexreviews.com, both of whom created book trailers that I posted on blogs,Facebook, Twitter, ning.com, and at other social network forums.

Q: Do you plan subsequent books?

A: Yes, I am currently writing part two of my current book, Transformations:Give Up the Struggle.This book will be a collection of stories provided by people who have successfully danced through some of life's most turbulent storms. It's my hope that their stories will provide the strength and guidance others may need to change their lives for the better.

Q: Thank you for your interview, (Renee). Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

A: Please do!. They can find and buy my book on www.Amazon.com(under Renee), and at my web site,www.resultsbyrenee.com, they can find my book on www.goodreads.com and www.Shelfari.com.

1 comment:

  1. I've read this book and was moved by the affirmations it contains. They speak to real-life situations and allow us to look at life honestly.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.