Interview with DCS - Author of Synarchy Book Two: The Ascension

DCS is the author of Synarchy Book 1: The Awakening and Synarchy Book 2: The Ascension. When not writing you can listen to her radio show, In The Mind of DCS every Saturday evening at 7pm CST on the Paranormal Soup Network. Currently sucking up the creative energy of New Orleans, she is attending the American Institute of Holistic Theology to earn a PhD in Metaphysical Spirituality while being hard at work at the next book in the Synarchy Series, and an upcoming webisode series called The Fallen. Visit her website at www.themindofdcs.com to learn more.

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life, DCS. Can you tell us how long you’ve been writing professionally and how your journey led to writing your latest book, Synarchy Book 2: The Ascension?

A: I’ve been writing professionally for three years now. Book 2 was the logical next step. I really leave my readers hanging in Book 1.

Q: I love your title…can you tell us why you chose it?

A: Synarchy means rule by secret government. To go more in depth, it was a term coined by a famous occultist who believed that ancient beings from the land of Shambalah had a hand in directing the affairs of governments on Earth. Considering the topic matter of Synarchy the name fit.

Q: Why did you believe your book should be published?

A: People have always told me I had writing talent, even when I wasn’t taking myself seriously as a writer. Eventually I just decided to do it, and see where it would take me.

Q: Can you tell us the story behind your book cover? Did you choose it or did your publisher, SVT Publishing have full control? Were you happy with the decision or did you have something else in mind?

A: Well, luckily for me I’m the publisher so I retrained full creative control of my work, something that’s very important to me. I had the cover designed by an amazing artist friend of mine. I’ve got throw him out a plug, you can check out his work here: http://www.idyllwerx.com

Q: How have you approached marketing your book? Do you have someone doing it for you or have you had to do most of the marketing yourself?

A: I’ve done most of the marketing myself. Virtual Book Tours, Facebook Fan Pages, Twitter, blogging, reviews, internet radio interviews, things of that nature. It certainly keeps you busy.

Q: What book on the market can it compare to? How is it different? What makes your book special?

A: You could loosely compare it to the Da Vinci Code, but Synarchy really is something unto itself. I’ve had several reviewers comment that they’ve never read anything like Synarchy before, and that’s what I think makes it so special. One reviewer actually wrote that it’s “better than science fiction”. Which just made my day.

Q: Open to a random page in your book. Can you tell us what is happening?

A: A little bit of a dark scene. Two of the books bad guys, Caesar and Kayla are talking about recent events and the Brotherhoods orders regarding the triplets.

Q: Do you plan subsequent books?

A: Yes. I suffer from too many ideas syndrome. I’ve got plans for there to be six novels in the Synarchy Series but who knows, there could be more.

Q: Thank you for your interview, DCS. Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

A: Thanks for having me! You can find me on the web by visiting, www.themindofdcs.com. To buy the Synarchy Novels visit Amazon, or BN.com.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.