Interview with Ghost Hunter Susan Kronick, author of 'Sarah, They're Coming For You'

Susan Kronick’s background is the perfect backdrop leading up to her latest paranormal novel, Sarah, They’re Coming for You. She has a Master of Science in Psychology from Nova Southeastern University and a Ph.D. in Paranormal Studies/Psychology from Union Institute and Graduate School, as well as being an adjunct psychology professor at Barry University and Palm Beach State College. A psychic and a medium, she has the gift of seeing the dead since she was a child. She also has taught parapsychology classes through the Palm Beach County School Board, as well as at Palm Beach State College. Susan has extensive experience in the area of investigations of haunting and the paranormal. She lives with her husband and her four spoiled rescue dogs in south Florida. You can visit her website at www.susankronick.webs.com. “Like” her page at Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/susan-kronick/156870670886.

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life, Susan. Can you tell us how long you’ve been writing and how your journey led to writing your latest book, Sarah, They're Coming for You?

Sarah is my debut novel. I have been writing for just a couple of years. Weary after three hurricanes, my husband and I left sunny Florida for the northeast. Snowbound in upstate New York I sat down one dreary winter day to write a novel, which quickly turned into my autobiography. I am not your average novelist. I have been blessed since childhood with the ability to see ghosts. Truth is definitely stranger than fiction, as my lifelong journey with this amazing gift led me to write the book.



Q: Can you tell us how you chose your title?

Sarah, the main character has been tormented by restless spirits of the dead her entire life. The title of the book refers to the nasty ghosts who are after her, in an effort to claim her soul for the dark side for all eternity. As the malicious spirits gather round her, they chant, “Sarah, they’re coming for you.”

Q: Why did you believe your book should be published?

Everyone enjoys a good ghost story, and mine was a doozy! The fact that my book is based on true events from my own life make the story so much more interesting than true fiction. Like Sarah, I walk between the worlds of the living and the dead. With the amazing assistance from my editors at Wild Child Publishing, they transformed an amateur manuscript into a polished novel worthy of publication.

Q: We all know that publishers can’t do all of the publicity and that some lies on the author. What has your publisher done so far to publicize the book and what have you done?

My publisher did some publicity in the trade journals and on their website. I signed on and am currently on tour with Pump up your Book, an online PR firm. In June, I will be the featured author in Paranormal Underground Magazine.

Q: What book on the market can it compare to? How is it different? What makes your book special?

I don’t know any books on the market to compare with my novel, but my book can definitely parallel the television show Ghost Whisperer. Like the main character in the show, Sarah, the protagonist in my book has the ability to see spirits. What makes my book different is my novel is based on actual events from my life! I believe an autobiography of a real ghost seer is truly fascinating, making it truly special, setting it apart from the sea of fiction!

Q: Open to a random page in your book. Can you tell us what is happening?

I am on page 110.. Sarah’s torment from the restless spirits of the dead can be traced back to her ancestors. She is on a train headed to her family’s ancestral castle in the tiny Alpine town of Meiningen, Austria. She is reading the diary of her great great great great grandfather Jakob, begun in the year 1818, to uncover the origin of her family’s haunting down through the years.

Q: Do you plan subsequent books?

I am contemplating compiling a book of my experiences as a medium and a parapsychologist. I have had countless experiences over the years as a paranormal investigator, and as a gifted person blessed with the ability to see spirits. It’s amazing how many routine ordinary days are extraordinary when I am privileged to encounter our ghost friends!

Q: Thank you for your interview, Susan. Do you have any final words?

Thank you for letting me chat about my book.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.