Interview with J.E. Hall, author of 'Angie of the Garden'

Interview with J.E. Hall, author of 'Angie of the Garden'


J.E. Hall is the author of the romance mystery novel, Angie of the Garden.

Pick up your copy at Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Angie-Garden-J-E-Hall/dp/1468557297/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1342449026&sr=1-1&keywords=ANGIE+OF+THE+GARDEN

Purchase your copy at the publisher’s website:  http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000549256/Angie-of-the-Garden.aspx

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?

I wanted to do a story involving a ghost. I happened to visit The Planting Fields, which is an arboretum located on the grounds of a mansion from the gold coast era. I thought it would be a good setting for the story. I imagined a family living there today, the father being a psychiatrist who encounters the spirit of a troubled woman. A while later I happened to be on the internet researching something and came across a story about the Oregon Trail. I thought that making the woman a pioneer who had traveled on the trail would make for an interesting story.

Q: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers?

It was a pleasure. I enjoy writing because I never think about selling the book during the creative process. To me it would become like a job if I wrote to someone else’s specifications. While it might not be the best approach from a commercial standpoint it works for me. I’d advise other writers to do the same.

Q: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish?

I self published.

Q: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published?

Since I controlled the process, I’d have to say no.

Q: Can you describe the feeling you had when you saw your published book for the first time?

I had a feeling of accomplishment.

Q: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published?

I’m currently shopping around a science fiction manuscript entitled Bad Wine, Crappy Chocolate. I’m also writing another story which is a comedy called Save Us From Miss Simpson.

Q: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book?

That our first love will never be forgotten. Also that people tend to see and hear what they want to, regardless of what reality presents them with.
  
Q: Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final words?

I hope that everyone who reads my book enjoys it!
 


2 comments:

  1. jangan lupa mampir dulu ya , Good luck !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. makasih ya atas infonya , mudah mudahan bermanfaat trus .

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.