Interview with Monica Daddio, author of "Humanizing the Jaguar"


Monica1ABOUT MONICA DADDIO

Monica Daddio was born and raised in Trenton, NJ. She attended St. Stephens and Holy Cross grammar schools, Junior 4, and
Trenton High. From there went to wrok for Mercer County Elections Office. Most recently she has retired and relocated to the Bristol VA/TN area. Her passion and love has always been music and she will jokingly tell you that she is a professional listener. With a vast collection of over 500 artists, she has a
wide range of musical taste and that’s how her story came to be. This is her tribute to the musicians and music she loves so much.
To find out more visit her website at : www.monicadaddio.com or her blog at:http://monicadaddio.blogspot.com
Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life, Monica.  Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?

A: I’ve been writing for most of my life. I love challenges, games and music. In fact, I feel that a life without music is a very dull life. I am such an avid game player that I added a special game in my first book.

Q: Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

A: Humanizing the Jaguar is all about my passion, which is music. My story is about a young boy who grows up to become the next major superstar and the difficulties he faces. It’s my way to give some form of entertainment back to the musicians I so much admire by creating a storyline they can appreciate. I chose 13 of my favorites musicians and dedicated the book to them. I also wanted to give the music fans another way to enjoy music by testing their music trivia with clues that are hidden throughout the text. 

Q: What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?

:A: The hardest part of writing the story was that I had an idea for two unlikely characters to meet and become friends. The “how they met” part of the storyline was the most difficult. I actually wrote the later part of the story first then wrote the beginning.  The other big challenge was to incorporate the music game into the text in a way where it was truly hidden and made sense.

Q: Do you have a press kit and what do you include in it?  Does this press kit appear online and, if so, can you provide a link to where we can see it?

A: No, not at this time.

Q: Have you either spoken to groups of people about your book or appeared on radio or TV?  What are your upcoming plans for doing so?

A:  I have appeared on some radio shows including WETS 89.5 FM Community Forum and Tri-Cities Business Show. http://tricitiesbusinessshow.com/monica-daddio-the-author/

Q: Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he/is is?  If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it’s necessary to have one?

A: No, presently I am not working with an agent but I will not rule out that possibility in the future.  With all the changes on the Internet I am not sure how much value an agent would add. I have talked with other beginning author’s who have agents and they still do much of the work themselves. On the other hand, it would be fantastic to be a best selling author who needs an agent.

Q: Did you, your agent or publisher prepare a media blitz before the book came out and would you like to tell us about it?

A: Since I did not have an agent or publisher, I did not do a media blitz before my book was published. But I have used many tools to promote my book. These include building websites, expanding my facebook and myspace sites and doing book signings. My experience has led me to believe that the publicity is harder than the writing and I can’t wait to spend full-time on my next book.

Q: Do you plan subsequent books?

A:  Yes, I have more stories to share. In fact, I have already started on my next novel.
  
Q: Thank you for your interview, Monica.  Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

A: Thank you for having me. I can be found at www.monicadaddio.com  and also www.humanizingthejaguar.com.


HumanizingABOUT HUMANIZING THE JAGUAR

How do you tame the untamable? Bryan Wharton has been through more than any child should bear, leaving him emotionally scarred. When his new family proves to him that love and encouragement do exist, Bryan pursues his only dream. With the friendship and support of a few boys from school, they succeed in making their wild fantasies of becoming rock stars a reality. Through their hard work they rise to fame, while Bryan’s confident, cocky attitude generates animosity within the group. After a particularly grueling ordeal, he meets a young woman who captivates him in ways like no one else ever has. Donna’s ignorance over who he really is and her genuine concern during their fleeting time together allows him to freely open up to her. The two form a bond, becoming oddly entwined. After getting back to what Bryan knows best, he realizes he needs to devise a way for Donna to be near him for what he believes is his own selfishness. Donna was ready for an adventure knowing she’d become the envy of young women worldwide and was hoping that this could lead to more. What does this mean for the two-friendship, love or? As an added bonus this book also includes a game. There are many music clues scattered throughout the text. How many of the hidden clues can you find?

No comments

Powered by Blogger.