{Virtual Book Tour} Interview with William Matthies, author of 'The 7 Keys to Change: A New Approach to Managing Change to Live Better and Work Smarter'


the 7 keysABOUT THE 7 KEYS TO CHANGE

Research by McKinsey & Company and IBM Global Business Services says that 50% to 60% of companies fail to achieve some to all of their goals and objectives, with as many as 20% failing completely. The divorce rate among first time marrieds continues to hover around 50% increasing to 60%+ among those marrying two times or more. Is there correlation in these numbers? This is no coincidence; these and other statistics describing our personal and professional lives demonstrate a strong correlation between failures in one leading to failure in the other. “The 7 Keys to Change” teaches both the individual and the manager what they need to do to improve their efforts to manage change in their personal and professional lives.”

Purchase your copy at AMAZON

divider

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life, Bill.  Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?

A: Thank you, it’s a pleasure to be here. I am a life-long entrepreneur dating back to my pre-teen years as a paperboy in Southern California. I’ve been writing most of my life although none of that included a book, until now. Currently I am a planning consultant helping companies and individuals develop plans that result in the achievement of their goals.

Q: Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

A: As I said I am a business-planning consultant and about 5 years ago I realized my clients were not doing well achieving the goals we had set for them in the plans I helped them create. Since my goal is to be the most effective consultant possible, I set out to learn what I needed to do to improve my client’s performance. This had nothing to do with writing a book; I only wanted to improve my skills. However the more I researched, the more clear the solution became along with the fact that what I was concluding was original, not documented elsewhere. As a result, I decided to write what has become The 7 Keys to Change.

Q: What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?

A: Initially, coming to grips with the fact that “good enough” was not, soon followed by the realization that there can be no perfection in writing.

Business is about compromise; we more often act on less than perfect knowledge and resources. When I first began researching I found I was moving too quickly through the material, wanting to “learn/conclude/write”. However I then went the opposite direction laboring over every detail, which obviously slowed everything down to a point that progress was very limited.

Researching and writing is not business and I needed to strike a balance between wanting to know all I could about my subject, wanting to convey what I had learned in as understandable way as possible, while at the same time getting it all done. It took some time but I finally found that center point. 

Q: Do you have a press kit and what do you include in it?  Does this press kit appear online and, if so, can you provide a link to where we can see it?

A: I do not have a press kit per se but you can learn much about the book and me at www.the7keystochange.com and www.williammatthies.com, respectively.

Q: Have you either spoken to groups of people about your book or appeared on radio or TV?  What are your upcoming plans for doing so?

A: I am getting a lot of requests to speak to groups, both personal and professional, as well as doing webinars and podcast interviews. While good for exposure, there’s been another benefit for doing this as well. The questions I am asked tell me what individuals know and don’t know about managing change, which in turn helps me better focus efforts to help them. Win win!

Q: Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he/is is?  If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it’s necessary to have one?

A: I do not.

Q: Did you, your agent or publisher prepare a media blitz before the book came out and would you like to tell us about it?

A: No agent, no media blitz, however I act as my own agent and have employed companies and individuals whose job it is to help me market the book and my consulting services. As I said I am a life-long entrepreneur and have no problem playing that role for my own benefit.

Q: Do you plan subsequent books?

A: Not at this time, however I do have a couple of ideas floating around that may one day become a work of fiction having nothing to do with my current life. But for now, the businessperson in me knows I am much too busy to take time for anything other than my consulting practice and promotion of The 7 Keys to Change.
  
Q: Thank you for your interview, Bill.  Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

A: Thank you.

You can find me www.williammatthies.com, information about my book at www.the7keystochange.com, and information about my company at www.coyoteinsight.com. The 7 Keys to Change is available in both print and e book form at a number of outlets including Amazon, iTunes and Barnes & Noble.


 

photo-bill-matthiesABOUT WILLIAM MATTHIES

In 1986, I founded what was to become the largest independent market research/database marketing company in the consumer electronics and high tech fields. By the time I sold it in 1997, The Verity Group employed 400+ people at its California and Costa Rica offices.
Prior to that, I cofounded Barcus Berry Electronics, Inc. a venture capital-backed start-up with a proprietary audio technology called BBE, which was licensed for use in audio, video, computing, and telecommunication products.
From 1977 to 1983, I wore several hats at Pioneer Electronics (USA), Inc. including Director of Market Research, Director Sales Planning, National Sales Manager, Special Markets, Vice President Marketing and, ultimately, Senior Vice President Marketing and Product Development.
Today, I serve on corporate advisory boards, am a contributor for TWICE (the consumer electronics industry’s major trade publication) and lecture frequently at industry events around the world on managing change, strategic planning, and customer relations.
His latest book is The 7 Keys to Change Visit his website at www.coyoteinsight.com or 7 Keys page
Connect with William:
   

The 7 Keys to Change Virtual Book Publicity Tour Schedule

Monday, June 3 - Book reviewed and 1st chapter reveal at Get Reading Now
Tuesday, June 4 - Book featured at Parenting 2.0
Wednesday, June 5 - Book featured at The Writer's Life
Thursday, June 6 -Book featured at Naturally Kim B
Monday, June 10 - Book reviewed at My Devotional Thoughts
Thursday, June 13 - Guest blogging at The Story Behind the Book
Friday, June 14 - 1st chapter reveal at Parenting 2.0
Monday, June 17 - Interviewed at Broowaha
Wednesday, June 19 - Interviewed at Examiner
Friday, June 21 - Book featured at My Cozie Corner
Monday, June 24 - Interviewed at Literal Exposure
Wednesday, June 26 - Guest blogging at Literarily Speaking
Thursday, June 27 - Interviewed at Review From Here
Monday, July 1 - Interviewed at Beyond the Books
Wednesday, July 3 - Interviewed at Book Marketing Buzz
Thursday, July 4 - Book featured at Review From Here
Friday, July 5 - Book reviewed at Naturally Kim B
Monday, July 8 - Interviewed at Pump Up Your Book
Wednesday, July 10 - Book reviewed at My Devotional Thoughts
Thursday, July 11 - Interviewed at Between the Covers
Monday, July 15 - Interviewed at The Writer's Life
Tuesday, July 16 - Book reviewed at Reviewing Shelf
Wednesday, July 17 - Guest blogging at Allvoices
Thursday, July 18 - Interviewed at Yahoo Voices
Friday, July 19 - First chapter reveal at As the Pages Turn
Monday, July 22 - Interviewed at Examiner
Tuesday, July 23 - Book featured at Plug Your Book
Wednesday, July 24 - Interviewed at Blogher
Thursday, July 25 - Book featured at Author and Readers Book Corner 
Friday, July 26 - Guest blogging at My Cozie Corner
Friday, July 26 - Interviewed at Straight From the Authors Mouth
Pump Up Your Book
 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.