Little Nani's Characters. Where Do I Get The Ideas From? by Cinta Garcia de la Rosa, author of 'The Funny Adventures of Little Nani'


Cinta coverABOUT THE FUNNY ADVENTURES OF LITTLE NANI

Little Nani is a little girl who likes helping people. However, when she helps people the results can be a bit unexpected. Why is that? Little Nani is a witch! Or at least she wants to be a witch. With her magic wand, she will try to cast different spells to help her friends, but she won't be successful all the time. Follow Little Nani in her funny adventures and meet her extraordinary friends. Funny ostriches, horses that love reading, super-fast turtles, grumpy zombies... Little Nani has lots of friends! You can also draw your own characters! Little Nani is willing to become a good witch. Will she manage to do it? Who knows? Read the stories and discover what happens next!

amazon2


Little Nani’s characters. Where do I get the ideas from?

            First of all, thank you for hosting me on your blog and for giving me the chance to talk about my characters and where the ideas to create them come from. Well, the truth is that I use people I know and situations I live to create those characters. Obviously, the characters are not exactly the same as the real people, but some of them can be easily relatable (for the person who inspired me that character, of course).
            Creating Little Nani was easy, since she is a reflection of myself. The two ostriches appeared on my mind as a funny contrast with Horse; I mean, if Little Nani’s friends wanted to ride a horse, then Little Nani should want to ride something more extravagant, just as extravagant as she is. So ostriches seemed a good choice, mainly because it was unexpected.
            As for the rest of the characters, I guess I can tell a bit about their hidden story. I created the Caffeine-Addicted Zombie because all my online friends complained every single morning about how they were zombies until they got coffee. So they got in my book.
            Mr. Henchick and the penguins were born after having a funny and awesome chat with my dear friend Peter Germany, in which he was telling me about his chickens and how they disliked going out when it was snowing. So I had to write a story about that.
            The Double-Faced Boy was born after I discovered that a friend of mine was betraying my trust by telling lies about me. It is never a good idea to make a writer be angry with you, because you can end up in their books. That’s what happened here. He was nasty to me, I turned him into a nasty character.
            Captain Bendy Leg was born in an absurd and funny chat with my friend and writing buddy Dan Leicht (D.e.e.L). I asked him if I could use it in a story, he said yes, and voilà! Captain Bendy Leg got his own story.

            So basically my friends, conversations, or experiences make me think of new characters, of new friends for Little Nani. Some others just pop in my head. Why? I don’t have a clue.

ABOUT CINTA GARCIA DE LA ROSA

Cinta Garcia de la Rosa is a Spanish writer who has loved the written word since she discovered she was able to read books at age 5. Since then, she has become a bookworm and reads around 100 books every year. She also writes, every day, compulsively, even in the middle of the night. You cannot control when inspiration hits you, can you? She writes in English because she is convinced that in a previous life she was British, so writing in English feels more natural to her than writing in her native language. Yes, she is crazy like that. Cinta Garcia is the author of "The Funny Adventures of Little Nani", a collection of short stories for children, and "A Foreigner in London", a short story published on Smashwords.  

WATCH THE TRAILER


 

The Funny Adventures of Little Nani Virtual Book Publicity Tour Schedule

------------------------------------------------------------
Monday, September 2 - 1st chapter reveal at Moonlight, Lace and Mayhem
Tuesday, September 3 - Book featured at 4 the Love of Books
Wednesday, September 4 - Confessions of a Reader
Wednesday, September 4 - Character Interview at Lena Sledge
Thursday, September 5 - Guest blogging at The Writer's Life
Friday, September 6 - Book featured at Mary's Cup of Tea
Tuesday, September 10 - Book review and guest blogging at My Book Addiction and More
Wednesday, September 11 - Book feature at Literal Exposure
Wednesday, September 11 - Book feature at Opening Lines
Thursday, September 12 - Interviewed at Review From Here
Tuesday, September 17 - Book reviewed at Bookworm Lisa
Wednesday, September 18 - Book featured at Jody's Book Reviews
Thursday, September 19 - Guest blogging at Literarily Speaking
Thursday, September 19 - Book review and 1st chapter reveal at Reviews by Martha's Bookshelf
Monday, September 23 - Interviewed at Broowaha
Wednesday, September 25 - Book review and 1st chapter reveal at Inside BJ's Head
Monday, September 30 - Book reviewed at 4 the Love of Books
--------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.