Interview with Lisa Consiglio Ryan, author of 'Renewal "Anytime" 10 Day Detox'



Lisa Consiglio Ryan is the founder of Whole Health Designs, juicy clean living advocate and mama of two. She loves her yoga practice, running, and has a mission to spread the word, "Food is love." She provides detox programs and private coaching for women who desire to embrace clean living.

As a Certified Health and Nutrition Coach, Lisa has worked with thousands in her Renewal 10 Day Detox programs. Her work has been featured in Fitness Magazine, TinyBuddha, Elephant Journal, Kris Carr’s Crazy Sexy Life, The Daily Meal, and Mind Body Green. You can also check out Lisa's new membership program, Clean + Sexy 2014 (year-long detox + community) Kickin’ It Clean  gluten-free meal plans for plant lovers and Juice Shop. Lisa is leading a wellness retreat in Costa Rica this July:  Clean + Sexy Wellness Retreat. 

Her latest book is the health/wellness/cookbook, Renewal “Anytime” 10 Day Detox.
For More Information
About the Book:

Lose weight, energize, and glow with over 50 recipes and complete 10 day detox plan. This whole foods cleanse includes detailed menu plan, shopping list, and bonus recipes to make after your cleanse. Renewal "Anytime" also includes pre-detox plan, daily instructions, FAQ's, and post-detox next steps.

For More Information

  • Renewal “Anytime” 10 Day Detox is available at Amazon.
  • Download your copy at iTunes.
  • Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book? 

As a health coach who focuses on detoxes and juicing, it was pretty much a natural thing to do. I do seasonal cleanses with my community each year and many have requested a book from me. It was a no brainer.

Q: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers? 

Take action would me my advice. During this writing journey, I realized that I had a lot of information in my head and getting it down on paper was quite challenging. So just taking one step, one action, got the momentum going and I was able to finish my book and share it with the world.

Q: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish?

I went the self-publish route. 

Q: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published? 

Nothing in particular except that with a cookbook, I didn’t realize about the formatting of the food pics.  But it all worked out wonderfully.

Q: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published? 

I’m working on a yearly detox cookbook which will be out lat 2014.  I’m excited about it as it will contain all my favorite recipes for winter, spring, summer and fall. 

Q: What’s your favorite place to hang out online?  

Oooh, I have many places, and I must say, I might need a digital detox! But I’m in love with Instagram right now. You can really get to know someone, about their lives, with hanging out there. 

Q: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book? 

My main message is that nutrition doesn’t have to be boring or so rule-oriented with weighing, counting calories, looking at numbers. Nutrition can be quite fun and sexy when you let your body take the lead.  Your body has all the answers to losing weight, getting more energy, finding balance. Just take a listen and let go. 
  
Q: Do you have any final words? 

Many thanks and you can find me at www.wholehealthdesigns.com for any cool recipes, my favorite wellness tips and inspiration.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.