Interview with Beckie Butcher, author of My Battle with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome


ABOUT MY BATTLE WITH CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME

Title: My Battle with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Genre: Health/Wellness
Author: Beckie Butcher
Publisher: iUniverse
Pages: 52
Language: English
Format: Ebook

 “As a former CFS sufferer and current healthcare practitioner, I feel Ms. Butcher provides an informative and interesting perspective on this disease and her road to recovery.” Kyrie Kleinfelter,D.C., Upper Cervical Chiropractor. “As a fellow sufferer of CFS, I was truly able to relate to Ms. Butchers’ experiences, thoughts and feelings. Her reference to the Word of God comforted my heart. Truly inspiring and honest.” Darla Canney, CFS Patient. Ms. Butcher shares her intense and emotional journey of how the autoimmune disease chronic fatigue syndrome impacted her life from her first symptoms to the progress of her treatment and physical, spiritual and emotional recovery. By sharing with others, she hopes to inspire others to seek help so they may lead better lives as well. She wants them to know there is hope.

iUniverse

Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

It’s about my daily struggle with the serious, debilitating autoimmune disease Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I wrote it because a dear friend put it on my heart to share my story with others who suffer.

What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?

Just telling my story. It was very painful reliving the scariest and darkest time in my life.

Do you plan subsequent books?

Yes, although I am not sure when at this point.

When and why did you begin writing?

I began writing when I started this book. I wrote it because I wanted to reach out to others who suffer and to let them know they are not alone and there is hope!

What is your greatest strength as an author?

I think storytelling.

Did writing this book teach you anything?

Yes, it taught me the importance of sharing your story with others. Unbeknownst to me, I reached several people in my own community who were suffering with the same thing. It just goes to show you you never know who you will reach through a book.


ABOUT BECKIE BUTCHER

Ms. Butcher worked as a Lab Technician in various hospitals and laboratories. She is an avid cook when she feels up to it, and in 2005 she published a small cookbook. Ms. Butcher lives in her hometown of Elgin, Il.  

No comments

Powered by Blogger.