Interview with Ashley Terrell, author of The Black Sheep Shadow






Ashley Terrell is the founder of Stella Bistro Foods and Black Sheep Inc. Terrell is the host and co-director of Cooking with Stella (2016) and Unaverage Ash (2016).  She resides on the East Coast where she enjoys blissful sunsets and sounds of ocean waves. 

For More Information

About the Book:

Title: The Black Sheep Shadow
Author: Ashley Terrell
Publisher: Ashley Terrell LLC
Pages: 136
Genre: Christian/Religious/Memoir

The city lights blind your amazement. The sound of the traffic challenges you to be alive. Families ask bystanders to make magic and capture the moment with photographs. Newly engaged couples seal their union by kissing under shooting stars while loving by crossing their hearts.
 But what if your heart was under arrest, wouldn't want to embrace something to feel something like others?

Go inside the world of one courageous sheep as she discovers that her heart was under attack by darkness. As she travels on a spiritual journey to understanding her purpose, overcoming the understanding her purpose, self-acceptance, and the importance of inspiration, she rose against the odds with forgiveness and strengthening her faith.

For More Information

  • The Black Sheep Shadow is available to purchase at Amazon.

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?

The summer [of 2015] , I discovered the inspiration to write The Black Sheep Shadow.  I have always felt my life story helped others. This made it very easy for me to continue with the idea of writing The Black Sheep Shadow.

Q: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers?

It was more emotional to write than anything - I was emotionally close to all my memories due to their purpose in my life. When The Black Sheep Shadow was written, I felt an emotional release because I finally gave myself the fresh start [with forgiveness]. I never gave up how much my story can impact others to become aware.

My best advice - if it is part of your truth, stand for it. Use your truth to help others. We all depend on each other to make the world orbit.

Q: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish?

Black Sheep Inc., subsidiary company to A Terrell Enterprises, is the publishing agency for The Black Sheep Shadow.

Q: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published?

The Black Sheep Shadow isn't my first publication, however, this is my first time being hands on. Planning and branding a book is definitely work! I am loving every moment of it because I know it is for a great purpose - that excites me.

Q: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published?

I have a few publications in the works, but stay tuned!

Q: What’s your favorite place to hang out online?

Wow, nice question! My email inbox - I [modestly] reply and compose at least one hundred emails a day.

Q: What’s your nightly ritual before retiring for the night?

Thanking God for trusting me. Asking Him to restore me to do better tomorrow. I ask He submerges me totally in my purpose. I am hungry for it.

Q: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book?

I want people to begin embracing themselves. Scars don't heal if we [as people] don't believe we are wounded. I want to be the advocate for light - you CAN rise above the darkness to prosper! It is time to stop masking the side effects of what media sells to be materialistic things and "false guarantees". Embrace who you are and the journey you endured. Accept your testimony of overcoming. Use it to keep someone else from suicide, self-hatred, loneliness and failure to feel accepted. Everyone suffers from symptoms of black sheep. Whose willing to stand and speak for better and spread awareness?
The Black Sheep Shadow is committed to breaking the cycle of silence and the advocate for better days are coming.
 
Q: Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final words?

Count your blessings, not your hindrances.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.