Interview with Cyci Cade, author of 'Tut Reborn'



Cyci Cade is writer and blogger; she has a Marketing degree. She´s the author of Tut Reborn and short stories as Perhaps Love, Son of Egypt, and The boys and the Dragon.

For More Information
About the Book:

Title: TUT REBORN
Author: Cyci Cade
Publisher: CC Books
Pages: 432
Genre: Fantasy

In 1323 BC, Egypt’s youngest King died at age 19 after 10 years on the throne. But, what if the story has not ended?

You know the story of Pharaoh Tutankhamun and ancient Egypt. Are you ready for a new fantastical twist?

When Akhenaton is killed, Tutankhamun becomes the new pharaoh. The boy king has to face many enemies and struggle to prove that he is capable of ruling Egypt. He fights uncountable enemies, but he can´t fight the one that is in his palace. 

A woman seems to have the power to change his life; he is in love for the first time in his life. However, he has to decide if he´ll pick love over his duties as Pharaoh. Will he do that?   

Tutankhamun has to make difficult decisions and sacrifice his happiness to protect Egypt. He realizes that love and power are incompatible things.

When Khufu, a cruel pharaoh and the embodiment of the god of chaos, is resurrected, he must fight fantastical deities against unimaginable odds. Facing defeat, Tut calls on the gods Horus, Thoth, Ra and Anhur to help him defeat Khufu to save Maya and the people of his kingdom.

For More Information

  • Tut Reborn is available at Amazon.

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?

Everything started with Tut series. It enchanted me and raised many questions about Tutankhamun´s life. I wanted more information, more stories. Unfortunately, the boy king died so young and the mystery around his existence made me research about him. Then, I decided that he deserved another chance, a different outcome. Curiosity made me write this book to answer a question, what if he hadn´t died? 

Q: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers?

This book demanded a lot of research. I read four books about ancient Egypt, Tutankhamun, and the gods of Egypt. I also looked for information on Internet. The language was a problem too. I tried to adapt it to our vocabulary, but it was a hard task. 

I think authors have their rituals to write their books; I have mine. When I start a story, I have in mind the main idea and the characters. I don´t waste time during this process; I draw the chapters, and start to write. The ideas flow as the story develops. Once, I tried to plot first, but it didn´t work very well. I like to feel free to add, or delete any information to the story. 

Q: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish?

I opted for self-publishing Tut Reborn. I wanted the opportunity to pick the cover, build my book business, and have the control of marketing and sales. It´s been a wonderful experience. I´ve learned a lot during the process.

Q: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published?

I published my first book in 2012; it was a vampire story. I sent query letters to some publishers; it didn´t take long to receive positive answers. It was hard to pick the right publisher.

The sales surprised me; the copies were sold in two months.

Q: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published?

Ravenswood Publishing will release Dragon´s Quest in 2017. The book tells the story of two cursed princes and a girl; they must go to the Palace of Jade to recover the eye of the dragon and break the curse. To accomplish their task, they must fight mythological creatures and immortal warriors.
I´m working on the sequence of Son of Egypt – A Novella too. It tells the story of a girl, Adele, who falls in love with the embodiment of the god of war. Anhuren returns to the world of the living to recover the Eye of Horus, but his encounter with Adele changes his plans.  

Q: What’s one fact about your book that would surprise people?

I think the end of the book will surprise the readers. I won´t reveal much, but I think they expect something different—or not. 

Q: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book?

Tut Reborn tells the story of a boy, who became pharaoh and grew up surrounded by untrustworthy people. Many times he had to give up his dreams to accomplish his duties. Many times he had to make hard decisions, and choose between personal life and his kingdom.

The book depicts the overwhelming external and internal struggles of a teenager who is trying to find an identity. 
  
Q: Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final words?

Thank you for this opportunity. Thank you, readers. I´m so grateful to all of you, who have read Tut Reborn, written amazing reviews, and made it a big project.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.